Born: Vejerslev, 1866
Died: Århus, 1923
Artist: Poul Steffensen
- Born December 2nd 1866 in Vejerslev, DK, son of Steffen Iversen and Inger Kirstine Danielsen.
- Married Sidsel Cathrine Poulsen November 2nd 1891.
- Died June 26th 1923.
- 1883-87 - Studied with scholarship under C.N. Overgaard
- 1887-90 - Attended The Royal Academy of Art in Copenhagen, studied and tutored under Mme. Vermehren, Julius Exner, and Carl Bloch
Awards & Acknowledgments:
- 1895 - Neuhausen’s Prize
- 1892-1922 - Charlottenborg Spring Exhibitions
- 1904 - K.E. Exhibition
- 1897 - Almanna Art Exhibit in Sweden
- 1920 - Bergenholz Exhibit in Copenhagen
- 1923 - Artist Association Exhibit
- 1934 - Binger Exhibit
*Poul Steffensen was known for his landscapes and genre paintings. His illustrations of life and times made his name and paintings instantly recognizable and are still adored to this day. His realist style reflects the classic academy tradition from the late 1800’s.