Born: Lystrup, 1850
Died: Copenhagen, 1925
Artist: Michael Therkildsen (1850-1925)
- Born November 3rd 1850 in Lystrup, DK, son of Estate owner/Farmer Therkild Nielsen and Karen Henriksdatter.
- Died June 4th 1925 in Copenhagen.
- 1868-74 - Technical Art School in Horsens / The Royal Art Academy in Copenhagen
- 1880 - Privately tutored by highly acclaimed artists Constantin Hansen, Lauritz Tuxen, and Frants Schwartz.
Travels & Stays:
- 1880 - Paris
- 1884 - France & Italy
Awards & Acknowledgments:
- 1877 - Neuhausens Prize
- 1884 - Royal Academy Medal
- 1887 - The prestigious Thorvaldsens Medal
- 1889 - Silver Medal in Paris
- 1909 - Medal in Munich
Positions & Appointments:
- 1893-97 - Member of the Royal Art Academy Council / Consultant for “Ude & Hjemme” Magazine.
- 1875-1925 - Spring Exhibitions at Charlottenborg Palace
- 1882, 1921, 24, 26 - Artist Association Exhibits
- 1883, 88 - Nordic Art Exhibit in Copenhagen
- 1889 - World Exhibit in Paris
- 1891 - International Art Exhibit in Berlin
- 1901 - Town Hall Exhibit in Copenhagen
- 1907 - Guildhall Exhibit in London
- 1909 - National Art Exhibit in Arhus, DK
- 1909, 13 - International Art Exhibit in Glaspalast, Munich
- 1911 - International Exhibit in Rome
- 1926, 50, 60 - Association of National Artist (in memory of…) Exhibit
- 1914 - The Baltic Art Exhibit
- 1983 - Skagen Exhibit at the Michael, Anna, and Helga Ancher Museum
- 1988 - Landscape Exhibit at the “Gamle Holtegaard Estate”
- 1912, 36, 63 - Association of National Art Exhibits