Born: Thisted, 1861
Died: Æreskøbing, 1926
Artist: Tom-Petersen, Peter (1861-1926)
- Born March 5th 1861 in Thisted, DK, son of Christian Tullin Petersen and Maren Andrea Thomsen.
- Married Marie Elisabeth Lorentzen November 24th 1891 in Brahetrolleborg, DK.
- Died July 27th 1926 in Æreskøbing, DK.
- 1876 - Maribo Latin & Realist School
- 1877-1881 - The Royal Academy of Art in Copenhagen.
- 1883-84 - Student of Léon Bonnat, Paris
- 1884 - Student of P.S. Kroyer
Travels & Stays:
- 1883-84 - Paris
- 1887 - Holland, Belgium and Paris
- 1890-91 - Germany and Italy
- 1891-92 - Italy
- 1921 - Avignon, France
Awards & Acknowledgements:
- 1889 - “Honorable Mention” in Paris
- 1892 - Royal Academy Medal
Positions & Appointments:
- 1909 - Helped start up The Graphic Artist Association
- 1909-11 - Council Member of The Graphic Artist Association
- 1910-15 - Council Member of Charlottenborg Palace Exhibition Committee
- 1910-26 - Faaborg Museum Council
- 1914 - Judge at The Baltic Art Exhibit in Malmo
- 1881, 83, 85 - December Exhibits at Charlottenborg Palace
- 1882-91, 1893-1927 - Spring Exhibitions at Charlotteborg Palace
- 1883, 88 - Nordic Art Exhibits in Copenhagen
- 1888 - National Artist Association Exhibit
- 1889 - World Exhibit in Paris
- 1895 - Nordic Art Exhibit in Lübeck
- 1895 - International Art Exhibit in Civita d'Antino, Italy
- 1901 - Town Hall Art Exhibit in Copenhagen
- 1904-05, 1907-13 - KE Exhibits
- 1909, 1913 - Glaspalast Exhibit in Munich
- 1912, 25 - Graphic Artist Association Exhibit
- 1912 - Modern Danish Artist Exhibit in Brighton
- 1914 - Baltic Art Exhibit in Malmo
- 1922 - Fall Exhibit at Charlottenborg Palace
- 1924-25 - Nordic Graphic School Exhibit
- 1942 - National Artist Association Exhibit
- 1952 - Danish Artist Jubilee Exhibit at Charlottenborg Palace
- 1979 - Art on Paper Exhibit at The Skovgaard Museum
- 1983 - National Artist Assoc. “Back in the 1880’s” Jubilee Exhibit in Copenhagen
- 1983 - “Sea & Fjords” Exhibit at The Faaborg Museum
- 1987 - “Mother Cilla’s Artist’s” Exhibit at Krapperups Museum
- 1988 - “City & The Well” Exhibit
- 1989 - Civita d'Antino National Artist Exhibit in Copenhagen *…and many more!
*A student of Leon Bonnat and of Peder Severin Krøyer, Tom-Petersen was an award-winning graduate of The Royal Academy of Arts in Copenhagen. He exhibited widely, both nationally and internationally, including at Malmö, Paris, Munich and Brighton.